Regular wellness exams are essential to keeping pets in their best health. Whether your furry friend is a youth establishing healthy habits, or a senior, managing the challenges of aging with vitality and comfort, maintaining a strong relationship with your veterinarian will ensure your pets stay on track to live their best lives.
What Does a Wellness Exam Include?
A wellness examination of your pet includes the following:
- A nose to tail physical exam
- Discussion about your pet’s appetite, diet, activities, and overall behavior at home
- Discussion of flea, tick and heartworm prevention
- Administration of vaccines, as appropriate to your pets age and lifestyle
- Recommendations about diagnostic testing to uncover medical issues in their early stages